Making of a Great Website – Recipe for secret sauce revealed!
Best ingredients when used in right proportions can help you come out with a mouth-watering dish. In the same way best elements when combined together in the right manner can give you great website. A great template with equal parts of content, design and functionality, combined with a touch of your Brand’s unique selling proposition can give you a website that is absolutely fabulous.
Here are a few things you need to keep in mind in order to get the secret sauce of your website right:
Determining your Requirements
You need to have a clear understanding of the kind of website you are looking for. Start by answering these questions:
- Who are we?
- What are we offering?
- What is that action we want our users to take once they visit our website?
The answers to these questions will form the key pages of your website – Home page, About Us page, Th Products or the Services Page.
Understanding your Target Audience
Before you think about what you want to say and how, determining whom you wish to communicate with. The other questions will include:
- What made them visit your website?
- How did they land on to it?
- What were they looking for?
These answers will tell you what kind of content you need to develop, what would be the purpose of such content, what should be your Primary Call-To-Action and so on.
The Main Ingredients
Once you are done with the preparation work, you should concentrate on the main ingredient of the secret sauce of your website – The Content. There are a few things you need to keep in mind here:
- The content has to be informative, useful and engaging, while being original and fresh
- It has to be search-friendly so as to drive traffic to your website
- It should be free from errors of all kinds
- It should convey your Brand Message in a consistent and clear way
- The CTA or Call to Action has to be compelling enough to lure visitors into taking the action that you desire them to take. It should also be simple and clear.
- The contact information has to be in a place that is easy to locate.
- If you are posting the content on the blog, you have to make sure that the content is crispy and informative otherwise, nobody will feel encouraged to read the posts.
Your website should be user-friendly, easily navigable and free from any kind of noise or distractions. It should be fast enough to load on any device. It should be organized perfectly. Your focus here should be on:
- Easy to locate menu
- Internal links to ensure seamless navigation
- Smart Footer with links to all web pages and social media pages
- External Links for more information
- Mobile compatibility for easier viewing
Before choosing a design for your website it is wiser to understand what is in trend. Minimalistic design is what many are going for today with geometric shapes and strong colours. Make sure you consider things such as:
- A clean layout that enhances the user experience, while making it easier to navigate
- A high-contrast color palette that creates an eye-catching effect (You may use softer pastels like lavender and blush too)
- Excellent typography with 2 or 3 stylish but readable fonts (You can use one or two sans serif or serif fonts with an extra accent font to highlight eye-catching phrases)
- Crisp and Clear Professional images with high resolution (While being captivating enough they should also be sized well so as to reduce the loading time of the website)
A trendy and well-designed website with great content can help any business achieve great heights of success. Although any one can create a website, it is better to hire a professional service that will make sure you get an excellent website that matches your requirements to the Tee.